From Monday 1st June
Following the latest statement from the Government on Thursday 28th May and the latest advice from the LTA, LLTSC remains open for tennis and has adopted relaxed guidelines surrounding doubles play and ball usage. All other safety measures remain in place. Please see below for details:
N.B. The Clubhouse, including the Squash courts, Gym and the toilets remain closed until further notice.
We have set out some guidelines about how we can operate to ensure that we adhere to Government Policy but must stress that play is at your own risk and all the guidelines must be closely followed to ensure that we are not forced to close again. They are;
- Singles play is permitted between two members from different households (only existing members for singles play please). Please ensure you remain 2 metres apart at all times.
- Doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible , including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play. This means that four members from different households can now play doubles. Please be sensible when playing, for example; do not run onto other courts in order to reach a shot and keep your distance, even from your own partner. For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court. Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five). Remember – we need to stay safe and the games should be fun at your local club. Please do not risk your life or that of your fellow players for the sake of a point.
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing – the hand sanitiser dispenser is on the wall by the kitchen and this will be checked regularly and there is a cold water tap on the outside of the office.
- Each member is now permitted to have two live bookings at a time and this must be through your own device as there is no access to the booking machines – you can book your next slot upon completion of your current booking.
- Courts MUST be booked in advance, you cannot just turn up and hope a court is free. You will not need to check in for play when you arrive, this is done automatically. Please ensure you cancel any bookings you do not need.
- To cancel a booking click on the “my bookings” icon which is a person in a blue circle. This will show your current live bookings – click the trash icon on the booking you wish to cancel.
- Please try and book a court away from an existing booking when possible.
- Because of the time of year, we will not be using the floodlights, play each evening therefore will stop when it starts to get dark.
- Juniors under the age of 12 must be supervised by one responsible adult / carer with social distancing strictly observed.
- Please mark your tennis balls so that they are easily recognisable and handle your tennis balls only.
- To pass a ball back to someone not in your household, other methods could be used such as lifting with a foot and racket or scooping up from the ground with the racket.
- Players are advised not to change ends during play – if you do feel the need to change ends, pass on opposite sides of the net and maintain the distance to allow your partner to cross with the correct distance.
- Please do not adjust the net heights (most of the winders have been removed). The net heights will be checked each day.
- Playing tennis must be your only reason to be at the club (unless supervising a junior under the age of 12), please do not arrive too early or stay at the club after you have finished playing.
- We need to include a buffer period between court booking slots to allow time for players to leave the court before the next players arrive – please end your session 5 minutes before the end of the booking slot and leave the court promptly.
All memberships have been transferred to enable everyone to be able to book Tennis courts. Please use your existing online booking details.
Please remember that you may have done other exercise during lockdown but you probably haven’t played any racket sports in a while – the movement is different, please be careful whilst you get back up to speed and make sure you warm up and stretch.
We are very lucky to be one of the few sports to start up and therefore we need to ensure that we constantly stay alert to potential risk and stay safe. It is also up to our individual member’s as to whether they feel they want to get back on court yet, that is their choice, please respect that.
Please click here for details on coaching sessions.
If you have any queries regarding the above then please contact Cheryl on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Management Committee